Giving Tuesday – commonly known as the antidote to Black Friday and Cyber Monday – has become a global philanthropic phenomenon. Last year, nonprofits across the world raised $125 million for charity. Thirty thousand of that went to support research into a cure for LBSL at the Kennedy Krieger Institute. This year, we need your help raising even more.
On December 3, 2019, Face Book will be offering up $7 million in matching funds to non-profits like ours. In addition, an anonymous donor has come forward pledging to match donations to “A Cure for Ellie” up to $350,000! So each donation made to our foundation on Giving Tuesday could be tripled!
Our goal? We hope to raise $350,000 in one day. This will accelerate the LBSL cure effort currently underway at the Kennedy Krieger Institute in Baltimore. Researchers there are in the process of determining if LBSL can be fixed with gene therapy – and $350,000 will put the effort into overdrive.
If you want to join the Global #GivingTuesday movement and help us find a cure for LBSL, here is all you need to do….
1. You can simply make a donation by clicking here.
2. You can easily create your own Face Book fundraiser for our foundation. All donations are tax deductible, no fees, and goes 100% to research. It’s simple…
- Go to your personal Facebook page and under “Menu” click on “Fundraisers”
- Choose “Raise Money” and then click “For Nonprofit.”
- Type “A Cure for Ellie” in the space bar.
- This will set up for your Face Book fundraiser.
- Click on our name once it pops up.
- In the space provided, create your own message, or simply use the sample post below.
“This #GivingTuesday I’m raising money to find a cure for my friend ____ who has a rare brain and spinal cord condition called LBSL. It robs people of the ability to walk, then stand, then coordinate all fine and gross motor movements. Today only, Face Book and an anonymous donor are matching donations for research into a cure for this debilitating disease. Your gift could be tripled! No amount is too small. Thanks for considering. #cureLBSL #AwesomeDisease.”
That’s it! You are on your way to raising funds and awareness for LBSL on Global Giving Tuesday. Questions? email is at ACureforEllie@gmail.com.